Confirmation preparation begins this Sunday, Nov. 8, in the Oak Room of the Club, from 9:45-11:15am. For those who are unfamiliar with our campus, the Club is the large building at 3606 Bridge Avenue, immediately west of the church and rectory. Main doors face Bridge Avenue. Parking is on the west side of the building, as is the side door, which students will be using.
When students enter and go up the stairs, the Oak Room is on the left. Here are health and safety protocols:
- All students must take their temperature before arriving.
- All must wear masks that cover nose, mouth, and chin at all times.
- No food or beverage is allowed at any time.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entering the Oak Room; sanitizer is provided.
- All students will sit 6 feet apart, even if they are otherwise in closer contact with another family outside of confirmation preparation.
- Students will wipe down their individual area with alcohol wipes provided at the end of the session.
Also, please have your student bring their Bible with them. If they don’t own their own Bible, we will provide one which they can take home and keep. We have many Bibles! Micah and Olivia Murdock are our confirmation catechists again this year. Our program is Decision Point, which will be accessed online.
Finally, on this first day, Catechetical Leader Stephanie Pritts will conduct a brief, stand-up, distanced and masked parent meeting at 9:50am in the large gathering area opposite the Oak Room. Please drop your student in the Oak Room and come across to the mezzanine gathering space. I will provide an overview of the confirmation program and stay to answer questions as needed.
All sessions are 9:45-11:15am in the Oak Room. Here are the dates for confirmation preparation:
- November 8
- December 13
- January 10
- February 14
As always, please be in touch with questions. Email email@example.com or leave a message for Stephanie at the rectory 216-631-6872.