Please register for the pilgrimage using this form or email email@example.com to let us know what site you would like to clean up on Saturday, December 12, 2020, 10:00-11:30am. We will confirm with you by email or on-site that morning.
Stop by to pick up garbage bags, gloves, and prayers for your pilgrimage in the parking lot at 1505 W 25th St (north end of the abandoned CMHA homes).
EAST SIDE: Starting from West 25th and Detroit Avenue, heading south on the east side of the street
- 2429 W Superior Ave (Superior Viaduct) – the parking lot south of St Malachi, located at the NE corner of W 25th and Superior
- RTA stop (SE corner of W 25th & Superior) – around the RTA bus shelter and the parking lot behind it, all the way back (east) to the guardrail and heading south on the abandoned service road behind the buildings
- 1441 W 25th (abandoned building) – parking lots to the north and south of this building
- 1447 W 25th St (parking lot) – another parking lot (just north of our check-in site at CMHA 1505 W 25th St) that formerly belonged to Lutheran Metro Ministry
- 1505-1525 W 25th St – the abandoned 8-unit CMHA building, including the area behind the building down to the abandoned service road
1545 W 25th St– We will skip this property, the former Front Steps-Transitional Housing building, because the lot is clean and someone is in the process of emptying out the contents of the building into a dumpster.
- Franklin Blvd – down the hill from W 25th to Columbus Ave (at Hoopple’s), both sides of the street
WEST SIDE: Starting from West 25th and Detroit/Superior, heading south on the west side of the street
The west side of West 25th Street is mostly free of litter. Few volunteers will be needed for this area.
- South on W 25th and circle around to Aust Ave – From Detroit Ave., proceed on W 25th St south to Church Ave. Clean up Church Ave from W 25th St to W 28th. Head south on W 28th to Aust Ave (it looks like an alleyway). Clean up Aust Ave heading east until you get back to W 25th St. (note: Aust Ave borders the south side of the Bookhouse Brewing building at 1526 W 25th St)
- South on W 25th, from Aust Ave to Franklin Blvd – pick up litter along W 25 St, including around the RTA bus shelter, until you get to the Kan Zaman restaurant at the corner of Franklin Blvd
—Creation Care at St. Patrick Parish, December 2020