Dear Parishioners and Friends of Saint Patrick,
Having enjoyed a beautiful weekend on May 30th and 31st, it was so evident that many were ready to return to public worship. It was wonderful to see all of those familiar faces, even as mouths were covered with masks. As we continue to gradually resume our public liturgies, I take this opportunity to thank members of our staff and parish volunteers who have spent countless hours in preparing the church for our return and for those who come to clean after each liturgy. Thank you!
Now that we are stepping into this new normal, I offer a few reminders for the sake of everyone’s safety:
- The expectation is that everyone is wearing a mask (with the exceptions for those described by the CDC).
- Social Distancing is the key to our success in helping to prevent the spread inside and outside of the church.
- Entry will remain through the West Entrance Door at the porch and accessibility ramp (facing the rectory).
- Upon entering, please sit anywhere there is a marked space (secured on the end of each pew). All other areas have a sign that reads, “Do not sit here.”
- While it’s tempting and certainly understandable to want to visit with one another, we need to ask everyone to remain in their places once they’ve entered the church. Otherwise, the aisles are blocked and social distancing is impossible.
- For Holy Communion, please respond “Amen” and THEN remove your mask. Return your mask once you’ve received the Holy Eucharist.
- When Mass has concluded, please WAIT for an usher or other volunteer to dismiss your row. Exit only through Bridge Avenue doors. Parish bulletins and the collection baskets are available on your way out of the church.
For those remaining home at this ,me, please know we continue to remember you in prayer. Please continue to check out this website for important news and information.
Sincerely yours in Christ,