Get the latest news from the parish in your email inbox
Important Information About Parish Reopening
A few hightlights – be sure to read the entire letter as well:
- The Bishops of Ohio continue to dispense all Catholics, especially those that are at-risk, from their Sunday Mass obligation.
- Father Gurnick provides guidance for elderly members, those with serious health issues, those who may be exposed to environments where COVID-19 is prevalent (including our immediate 44113 zip code area), and any who have tested positive or who have shown symptoms of the virus.
- Specific protocols focused on everyone’s safety have been developed and are expected to be followed by those attending. The protocols include, but are not limited to, checking your temperature before leaving home, wearing a facial mask while on parish grounds and in the church, and following social distancing before entering the church, and by sitting only in the designated areas.
Revised Liturgy Schedule
To allow Father Gurnick or another priest to cover all weekend liturgies at both St. Patrick and St. Malachi if needed, as well as enabling a team of staff and volunteers to clean and disinfect after each liturgy.
The Revised Mass Schedule, effective May 30th, is:
St. Patrick Parish
5:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass
8:30 a.m. Sunday Mass
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass
4:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass
10:00 a.m. Sunday Mass
In order to better improve our connections and properly plan for liturgies, we ask that you contact Marilyn (Cuquie) Carroll at email@example.com, or at (216)631-6872 ext.108, with the following:
- Your first and last name;
- Your preferred current phone number; and
- Your preferred Mass time under the revised schedule above.
Whether Father Gurnick sees you on Pentecost Sunday weekend, or you remain safely at home for the time being, be assured of Father’s personal gratitude and prayerful best wishes to you and your loved ones.
See all past messages:
Parish Status and Updates
Tune in here for the latest on the status of parish activities, programs and services amid COVID-19 social distancing.
Grateful to all those involved, The Saint Vincent de Paul Society and Saint Patrick are still able to host the food pantry program on Wednesdays from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. In addition to this vital service, we continue to collaborate with other local service initiatives as we are able to do so.
LIVE STREAMED AND ONLINE SERVICES
- You can find local live streamed services on the Diocese of Cleveland Website: https://www.dioceseofcleveland.org/
LITURGICAL LIFE, RCIA, and ALL FAITH FORMATION PROGRAMS
All Masses/liturgies, by decree of the Bishops of Ohio, have ceased. Please see the link for info on to live streamed and pre-recorded masses from the Diocese.
Any Baptisms or Weddings are to be postponed unless there is a pastoral urgency. Special protocols apply.
For Funerals, it is recommended that the Rite of Committal take place at the cemetery in a timely fashion, with a Memorial Mass celebrated after this health crisis has passed. I will offer a special Mass in private upon news of any parishioner’s death.
Communion to the Sick is suspended at all nursing homes and other healthcare facilities, including to people’s individual homes. The celebration of the Anointing of the Sick and Viaticum to the Dying will be administered at any time, provided we are not restricted by any civil regulation. Special protocols apply.
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession): At this time, confessions are being limited to being in danger of death, per diocesan directives. Confessions are not able to be administered via technology of any kind.
All Faith Formation/Adult Enrichment Programming is suspended until further notice, including those activities with our partner parishes. Many of these groups have already been notified.
PARISH OFFICES AND RECTORY
Our parish office and rectory are closed with restricted access until further notice. Staff are working from home and checking email/voicemail regularly.