The Club Parish Hall
As the parish prepared to celebrate it 50th anniversary jubilee in 1903, construction of the Club was nearing completion. Located west of the church just beyond the rectory, the original purpose of this structure was “to bind Catholic young men to the Church through every complex activity of their social and intellectual lives.” Before its doors were even opened, the parish had already expanded that mission to include young women as well, and soon families, seniors, and young children were all using its facilities, including gymnasium, pool, bowling alley, library, reception room and auditorium.
A devastating fire in 1983 prompted the reimagining of the space to include a parish hall and kitchen on the ground floor level, with office space directly above. The hall seats approximately 200, and is accessible to those with mobility challenges via a ramp inside the southwest entrance. In 2018, the east half of the first floor was refitted to house our Faith Formation program as well as the addition of a conference room space for 15.
The Oak Room, formerly the two-story gym, is reached by stairs off the west parking lot entrance or the north stairway at the rear of the building. Suitable for meetings of up to 80 people, the Oak Room includes a bar with utility sink as well as a kitchenette and restrooms. Our future parish goal is to make this room handicap accessible.
A ballroom with full proscenium stage and a bar area occupies the top floor of the Club. It can host theater groups, parties and weddings. It is accessed from stairways in the front and back of the building. Its capacity is 300.
Spaces throughout the Club may be rented by parishioners as well as outside groups. To discuss your event, contact Scott Menningen at 216-631-6872 or complete this form.